Hi there, this blog post is about Flat Ceiling Exposed Beams ( Ceiling With Beams #5). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 492 x 741. It's file size is only 64 KB. If You ought to save It to Your laptop, you can Click here. You could also download more images by clicking the following image or see more at this post: Ceiling With Beams.
The home frequently has its identity. Likewise with cottages or the pad are observed in the UK. Don't wish to transform the building's structure is too much, Ceiling With Beams patterns and conventional bungalow compete.
Never asked an outcome, lovely! In order to keep up with the building's character, Kitchen's designer Alex St Structure introducing a kitchen design independent of the primary building. The effect? Stunning! Yes, a bungalow situated in Chelshire, the UK may be the building in-question.
The bungalow was built-in the 18th-century and is currently past renovation's stage. As opposed to trying to imitate the design of the cottage, Alex Saint chose to create an additional kitchen layout that can decrease the complete lodge's architectural change and preserve the type with this home.
Flatflat1 (flat),USA pronunciation adj., flat•ter, flat•test, n., v., flat•ted, flat•ting, adv.
- horizontally level: a flat roof.
- level, even, or without unevenness of surface, as land or tabletops.
- having a surface that is without marked projections or depressions: a broad, flat face.
- lying horizontally and at full length, as a person;
prostrate: He was flat on the canvas after the knockdown.
- lying wholly on or against something: The banner was flat against the wall.
- thrown down, laid low, or level with the ground, as fallen trees or buildings.
- having a generally level shape or appearance;
not deep or thick: a flat plate.
- (of the heel of a shoe) low and broad.
- spread out, as an unrolled map or the open hand.
collapsed: a flat tire.
- absolute, downright, or positive;
without qualification: a flat denial.
- without modification or variation: a flat rate.
- [Informal.]lacking money;
- without vitality or animation;
dull: flat writing.
- having lost its flavor, sharpness, or life, as wine or food;
- (of a beverage) having lost its effervescence.
- without flavor;
not spiced: flat cooking.
- prosaic, banal, or insipid: a flat style.
- pointless, as a remark or joke.
- commercially inactive: a flat day in the stock market.
- (of a painting) not having the illusion of volume or depth.
- (of a photograph or painting) lacking contrast or gradations of tone or color.
- (of paint) without gloss;
- not clear, sharp, or ringing, as sound or a voice.
- lacking resonance and variation in pitch;
monotonous: a flat delivery of the speech.
- (of a tone) lowered a half step in pitch: B flat.
- below an intended pitch, as a note;
too low (opposed to sharp).
- [Gram.]derived without change in form, as English to brush from the noun brush and adverbs that do not add -ly to the adjective form as fast, cheap, and slow.
- [Naut.](of a sail)
- cut with little or no fullness.
- trimmed as nearly fore-and-aft as possible, for sailing to windward.
- flat a, the a-sound (a) of glad, bat, or act.
- flat aft, [Naut.]trimmed so that fore-and-aft sails present as flat a surface as possible, as in sailing close to the wind.
- flat on one's back. See back (def. 19).
- something flat.
- a shoe, esp. a woman's shoe, with a flat heel or no heel.
- a flat surface, side, or part of anything: He struck me with the flat of his hand.
- flat or level ground;
a flat area: salt flats.
- a marsh, shoal, or shallow.
- (in musical notation) the character ♭
, which when attached to a note or to a staff degree lowers its significance one chromatic half step.
- a tone one chromatic half step below another: The flat of B is B flat.
- (on keyboard instruments, with reference to any given note) the key next below or to the left.
- [Theat.]a piece of scenery consisting of a wooden frame, usually rectangular, covered with lightweight board or fabric.
- a broad, thin book, chiefly for children: a juvenile flat.
- [Informal.]a deflated automobile tire.
- (in postal use) a large flat package, as in a manila envelope, for mailing.
- [Archit.]a flat roof or deck.
- Also called platform. a partial deck between two full decks.
- a low, flat barge or lighter.
- a broad, flat piece of iron or steel for overlapping and joining two plates at their edges.
- a straight timber in a frame or other assembly of generally curved timbers.
- an iron or steel bar of rectangular cross section.
- [Textiles.]one of a series of laths covered with card clothing, used in conjunction with the cylinder in carding.
- [Photog.]one or more negatives or positives in position to be reproduced.
- [Print.]a device for holding a negative or positive flat for reproduction by photoengraving.
- [Hort.]a shallow, lidless box or tray used for rooting seeds and cuttings and for growing young plants.
- a similar box used for shipping and selling fruits and vegetables.
- [Football.]the area of the field immediately inside of or outside of an offensive end, close behind or at the line of scrimmage.
- flats, [Informal.]flat races between horses. Cf. flat race.
- to make flat.
- [Music.]to lower (a pitch), esp. one half step.
- to become flat.
- flat in, [Naut.]to pull the clew of (a fore-and-aft sail) as nearly amidships as possible. Also, flatten in.
- in a flat position;
- in a flat manner;
utterly: flat broke.
precisely: She ran around the track in two minutes flat.
- [Music.]below the true pitch: to sing flat.
- [Finance.]without interest.
- fall flat, to fail to produce the desired effect;
fail completely: His attempts at humor fell flat.
- flat out, [Informal.]
- without hesitation;
directly or openly: He told us flat out he'd been a double agent.
- at full speed or with maximum effort.
Ceilingceil•ing (sē′ling),USA pronunciation n.
- the overhead interior surface of a room.
- the top limit imposed by law on the amount of money that can be charged or spent or the quantity of goods that can be produced or sold.
- the maximum altitude from which the earth can be seen on a particular day, usually equal to the distance between the earth and the base of the lowest cloud bank.
- Also called absolute ceiling. the maximum altitude at which a particular aircraft can operate under specified conditions.
- the height above ground level of the lowest layer of clouds that cover more than half of the sky.
- a lining applied for structural reasons to a framework, esp. in the interior surfaces of a ship or boat.
- Also called ceil′ing piece′. [Theat.]the ceiling or top of an interior set, made of cloth, a flat, or two or more flats hinged together.
- the act or work of a person who makes or finishes a ceiling.
- vaulting, as in a medieval church.
- hit the ceiling, [Informal.]to become enraged: When he saw the amount of the bill, he hit the ceiling.
Exposedex•posed (ik spōzd′),USA pronunciation adj.
- left or being without shelter or protection: The house stood on a windy, exposed cliff.
- laid open to view; unconcealed: an exposed king of spades.
- susceptible to attack;
Beamsbeam (bēm),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various relatively long pieces of metal, wood, stone, etc., manufactured or shaped esp. for use as rigid members or parts of structures or machines.
- [Building Trades.]a horizontal bearing member, as a joist or lintel.
- [Engineering.]a rigid member or structure supported at each end, subject to bending stresses from a direction perpendicular to its length.
- a horizontal structural member, usually transverse, for supporting the decks and flats of a vessel.
- the extreme width of a vessel.
- the shank of an anchor.
- [Aeron.]the direction perpendicular to the plane of symmetry of an aircraft and outward from the side.
- the widest part.
- [Slang.]the measure across both hips or buttocks: broad in the beam.
- See walking beam.
- (in a loom) a roller or cylinder on which the warp is wound before weaving.
- a similar cylinder on which cloth is wound as it is woven.
- the crossbar of a balance, from the ends of which the scales or pans are suspended.
- a ray of light: The sun shed its beams upon the vineyard.
- a group of nearly parallel rays.
- [Radio, Aeron.]a signal transmitted along a narrow course, used to guide pilots through darkness, bad weather, etc.
- [Electronics.]a narrow stream of electrons, as that emitted from the electron gun of a cathode ray tube.
- the angle at which a microphone or loudspeaker functions best.
- the cone-shaped range of effective use of a microphone or loudspeaker.
- [CB Radio Slang.]See beam antenna.
- a gleam;
suggestion: a beam of hope.
- a radiant smile.
- the principal stem of the antler of a deer.
- fly the beam, [Radio, Aeron.](of an aircraft) to be guided by a beam.
- off the beam:
- not on the course indicated by a radio beam.
incorrect: The pollsters were off the beam again for the last presidential election.
- on the beam:
- on the course indicated by a radio beam, as an airplane.
- [Naut.]at right angles to the keel.
- [Informal.]proceeding well;
exact: Their research is right on the beam and the results should be very valuable.
- to emit in or as in beams or rays.
- [Radio.]to transmit (a signal) in a particular direction.
- to direct (a program, commercial message, etc.) to a predetermined audience.
- to emit beams, as of light.
- to smile radiantly or happily.
- beam in, [CB Radio Slang.]to be received under optimum conditions;
be heard loud and clear: They told me I was really beaming in.